Don’t want to go far? The Fort Mac Pool is OPEN! • July 6 – September 30 • Tuesday – Friday, 12-6 pm Saturday & Sunday, 12-8 pm •
We have successfully merged with an outsource Lifeguard Staffing Co. to assist with Lifeguard Staffing. Hours of operation effective 6 July 2019 are Tuesday-Friday, 12 – 6 pm / Saturday & Sunday, 12 – 8 pm. We want to express our appreciation to the Base Community for bearing with us as we worked to resolve the Lifeguard Staffing situation and we truly understand what the swimming pool means to our Community. We are open rest of this week Thursday-Sunday 12 – 6 pm.
Join The Team Now Hiring Lifeguards
The Los Angeles Air Force Base is now hiring life guards. Apply on line at NAFJOBS.org.
We are happy to provide a safe and friendly place for base families to swim year round. The Fort MacArthur swimming pool is open to all base members and Tierra Vista housing residents. Features include:
- Heated Pool
- Water Spray Park
- Dedicated 25 Yard Lap-Swim Area
Direct any questions or concerns to 61st Force Support Squadron Outdoor Recreation Management located at the Community Center.
Pool Picnic Pavilion
Have your next party at our sunny pool-side picnic area complete with charcoal barbecue pits, covered tables, large grass field, and kids playground. It’s great for a relaxing outdoor or pool party. Reservations can be made by calling, (310) 653-8225. Fees are $50 per day for Party Groups of 50 & under. $75 per day for party groups of 51 to 100 people.
Don’t forget, Outdoor Equipment Rentals rent party supplies such as bounce houses and much more. See Outdoor Recreation for more details.
Rules are strictly enforced. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the pool. Life guard staff are the final authority.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a guardian (age 18+)
- Ages 13 and under MUST pass a swim test to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Must shower prior to entering the pool
- Ages 11-12 must be able to demonstrate basic abilities to swim without direct supervision. Ask lifeguards for details.
- No food or drink in the pool area Exception, plastic water bottles
- Only USCG approved float devices. No water wings or floating swim suits
- Water noodles only in shallow areas
- All swimmers must wear proper attire. No swimming with t-shirts, shorts, etc.
- Parents must be in reach of non-swimming children
Direct Supervision – Within reach In-Direct Supervision – Must be in facility (Ages 12 and under may not be dropped off) Additional rules apply – See front desk for details.