Our facilities are absolutely free of charge and are fully functional with free or fixed weight equipment, all types of cardiovascular machines, group fitness room, racquetball courts, gymnasium, locker-rooms, showers, saunas and more.
Reopening Thursday, June 18
The El Segundo Fitness Center is scheduled to reopen on Thursday, June 18 from 6 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday. During this phase 1 reopening, the center will only be accessible by reservation only to Active Duty personnel assigned to Los Angeles AFB. No 24/7 access will be available at this time.
If things progress in a positive direction, we will gradually open to more customers and extend hours of operation. The Fort MacArthur fitness center will remain closed for the time being due to planned construction.
Phase 1 Guidelines
Scheduling an Appointment:
- Available starting June 15
- Appointment only. Must reserve via SharePoint:
- or by calling 653-6771 beginning June 18.
- Appointments will be for 1 hour, however after 45 minutes, you will be asked to wrap up to allow staff 10 minutes of cleaning.
- Due to 10 person per room capacity, only 1 room per session is allowed. Rooms: Weight Room (Free weights), Cardio Room (Cardio/Machines), Gym (Cardio Equipment), Aerobics Room, or Outdoor Rig.
- During your session, if there are less than 10 people in a room that you have not reserved, you may be authorized to use the room.
Arriving for your Appointment:
- Bring your own water bottle, bands, and/or yoga mat if needed.
- Water fountains are refill only
- Equipment check-out is not available at this time
- Masks are mandatory when entering the facility and must be worn at all times when 6ft distancing cannot be maintained
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and check in for appointment verification, temperature check and COVID-19 screening.
- All personnel must hand sanitize at the front door upon entering
Additional Fitness Center Measures:
- All cardio equipment is spaced out in the facility. Cardio equipment in the gym has proper distancing. Equipment in the cardio room has limited availability.
- Equipment must be wiped down before and after use by user.
- Lockers and showers are closed. Restrooms are available.
- Basketball/Racquetball courts are closed until further notice.
- The main entrance will be used for entering only. All customers are required to exit through the back door towards the outdoor rig.
Group Fitness & Aerobics: Various courses are available throughout the month. Courses are free. No pre-registration required.
- VIEW CALENDAR