GPS LocationGPS Location
Los Angeles Air Force Base
Saturday February 4, 2023 (5:50 pm PST)
Stay Connected
Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram

Military Personnel Section

Military Personnel Section

Appointments and Walk-In Hours

Appointment calendar will have appointments available for up to 60 days out. Walk-ins encouraged for mission critical needs, during our hours of operation. Note: *Walk-in customers are subject to wait* Appointments will take priority.

Base Access

If you need access to base, please stop by the Visitor’s Center (building 260) which is located in front of the Installation Gate.

Note: At LA AFB, every member 18 years of age and older is required to present an ID at the Gate. If you require a day pass, please arrive early at the Visitor Center, as there may be long wait times.

Services Provided

Initial Common Access Card (CAC) – Civilian new Hires must have SF-50 from HR. Contractors must have TASS Manager Approval.

Renewing CAC – CACs can be brought in for renewal up to 90 days in advance of the expiration date. Be proactive & make an appointment (Must have two forms of ID’s that are Unexpired with Photo e.g. Driver’s License and Social Security Card).

Dependent Enrollments – In person and online options available for enrollment (Newborn requires Original Birth certificate and SSN Card/Marriage requires Marriage Certificate & two forms of ID) *Online option* requires member to scan and email docs to org. box:

DD FORM 1172-2 Application for ID Card/Deers Enrollment – Is required to enroll/renew a Service Member’s Dependents ID Card. The DD Form 1172-2 can be signed at a DEERS office by the sponsor, or it can be digitally signed using a CAC. If the sponsor cannot be present during your visit to DEERS the DD FORM 1172-2 must be Wet Signed + Notarized prior to your visit.

Promotions/Frocking’s – plan ahead and make an appointment.

Lost/Stolen Card – If you need a new CAC because your card was lost, stolen, confiscated, or destroyed, you will be required to provide (1) a valid (unexpired) State or Federal Government-issued picture ID, and (2) documentation from the local security office or CAC sponsor confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen.

Disabled American Veterans – To obtain an ID you will need100% VA rating letter (should reflect effective date), Finalized copy of DD214, 1 Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, State ID), 1 Secondary ID (Passport, SSN Card, Birth Cert, Voter’s Registration Card, State ID with Photo).

Full-Time Student – Requirements: 1 Photo ID for the dependent (Driver’s License, Passport, State ID), 1 Secondary ID for the Dependent (Passport, SSN Card, Birth Cert, Voter’s Registration Card, State ID with Photo), 1172 (GOVT CAC Digital Signature or Wet Signed + Notarized). Full-time letter from School Registrar is required if dependent is turning or has turned 21.
NOTE: Full-time student benefits remain in effect until dependent is 23 or class graduation date passes, whichever occurs first.